Volunteer Coordinator: Ruthie Bunkelmann (email@example.com)
The Learning Center is a charter school servicing children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. There are currently no programs in the area like ours. The State Department of Education provides The Learning Center with a limited amount of funds for each student. However, this amount does not cover the entire cost of the learning environment we provide for the students. Our school excels in individualized instruction developed specifically for each student. We currently serve over 100 students, with a student-teacher ratio of 3:1 or less. We have full-time speech and language pathologist, SLP assistants, occupational therapists, board certified behavior analyst, and behavioral assistants providing continuous services for our students. This is a costly and we rely heavily on parent involvement.
Volunteering at your child’s school is a great way to connect with other families and show our staff appreciation for their hard work. Parents/families are now able to login your volunteer hours via our PTO website http://pto.thelearningcenter.org/register and/or fill out the attached Parent Volunteer Record Sheet. You must register to gain access to the PTO site. Once registered click on Volunteering and enter your volunteer hours on the right hand side of the screen. Please submit your volunteer hours by December 1, 2016, and May 31th 2017.
The Learning Center requires 20 volunteer hours per family this 2016-2017 school year. We want to thank you for your dedication to The Learning Center. We are grateful for your continuous support throughout the school year. Its contributions like yours that make it possible to continue to open our doors for children affected by autism.
- Cut-Ups – meets the first Wednesday of every month at 9am. Parents assist with making copies, laminating, cutting, stapling, book binding, et cetera. This is a great way to meet other parents, socialize, and support our school.
- Donations – Donation of everyday school supplies, laminates, etc. (Donations mush have a school donation form filled out to accrue 1 hour of volunteer time per $25.00)
- Items for Auction – There are so many untouched resources in the community. Go out introduce yourself and let them know about TLC. (Donations mush have a school donation form filled out to accrue 1 hour of volunteer time per $25.00)
- Host a fundraiser – Please contact administration to seek approval, prior to event planning.
- Apply for Grants – There are many companies that allow you to apply for grants and donations online.
- PTO/Board Meeting – Attend meetings
*Volunteer opportunities are posted on our PTO website, www.pto.thelearningcenter.org