Autism Project of Palm Beach County will be holding its 17th Annual Food & Wine Festival on Saturday March 10, 2018 at The PGA Resort & Spa. This exciting social event includes hors d’oeuvres, a sit-down dinner, an open wine bar, and silent and live auctions. All proceeds benefit APPBC, as well as the students at The Learning Center at the Els Center of Excellence and the Renaissance Learning Academy. All fundraising and event workers are volunteers to ensure that your financial support and donations directly benefit these organizations.
Everything you want to know about the Food & Wine Festival but were afraid to ask!
What IS the Food and Wine Festival?
It is a very important annual fundraiser for Autism Project of Palm Beach County, TLC and TLA. The auction generates revenue by:
- Auctioning donated items
- Accepting sponsorships from businesses
- Accepting donations from families and friends for personal ads in the event program.
- Participation from families and friends as guests at the event
How are parents expected to help?
Parents help by soliciting auction items and/or sponsorships from businesses, soliciting or placing personal ads in the event program, or by volunteering for one of the jobs available before and during the auction. You can also contribute by purchasing tickets to attend the event.
Where and when is the event held?
PGA Resort & Spa on Saturday, March 10, 2018.
How do I get items to donate to the auction?
Items are large and small, expensive and modest. You can ask friends who own businesses to donate items or gift certiﬁcates, or you can go “cold” into local businesses and ask for a donation.
Does this count toward my 20 mandatory volunteer hours?
Absolutely. For every item valued over $25 you receive 1 volunteer hour. Earn more or all of your hours by bringing in Bronze, Silver, Gold or Diamond Sponsorships.
How much do the tickets to the event cost, and do I have to attend?
Each ticket costs $175, which provides an elegant evening at PGA Resort and Spa, complete with hors d’oeuvres, a three-course sit-down dinner, wine, and live music. Attendance is voluntary, but appreciated.
What are all these PAPERS you’re sending me?
- Solicitation letter: Present this letter to businesses and sympathetic friends and family, as there are sponsorship levels for non-business supporters as well.
- Gift acknowledgement document: Provide this to the business owner who donates an item for the auction. Point out that our EIN is at the bottom, so they can use this letter for tax purposes.
- Donated item form: You must complete this form to receive volunteer time for donated items.
- Invitation and RSVP card: These are for you, or anyone you wish to present them to.
I need more forms, where do I get them?
Visit your respective PTO website to download additional forms by clicking the form titles below and for details about the event. Let’s begin now and make this our biggest and best year yet.
Please visit www.autismauction.com for more information and to purchase tickets. Sponsorship opportunities also available. For more information, please contact Dick Busto at firstname.lastname@example.org.